Reproductive life of a female commences with menarche and ends with menopause. In males it starts with spermarche, but there is no definite event like menopause although the concept of Andropause is increasingly recognized. The hormonal problem that arises during this period can affect the fertility and sexual life of an individual and can have adverse psychosocial impact.
Reproductive endocrinology is a subspecialty of endocrinology that deals with:
1. Poly cystic ovarian disease (PCOD)
2. Hirsutism (Hair growth in female)
4. Irregular periods
5. Galactorhea (Milk secretion without child birth)
6. Problems with prolactin
7. Breast atrophy in females
8. Sexual dysfunction in males and females
9. Decreased sperm count
10. Breast development in male
10. Decreased facial hair in male
We are the first of its kind in India to have an exclusive clinic for reproductive endocrinology. This clinic will include an endocrinologist, gynecologist, cosmetologist, andrologist and other supportive staff members.